Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Card - Fairy Tenderhearted by Tiddly Inks

Hello crafters and craftees!

Do you believe in fairies? What a wonderful part of childhood, and even now I enjoy a good story about wee folk. I grew up devouring Enid Blyton stories, and admiring the beautiful illustrations of Shirley Barber. A copy of Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book even entered our house at one stage, smuggled in by my mischievous Grandma. This was greeted with the delighted horror that only kids can indulge in. My mother was horrified and made sure the book was promptly sent home with Grandma, never to appear in our house again. I do believe it sits on Grandma's bookshelf still, between the ballet and art books.

I still love my fairies and have had to physically restrain myself from buying up every fairy stamp, paper and sticker I see!! However,when it comes to Tiddly Inks images, I simply could not deny myself Fairy Sunny Day (see a previous card here) and Fairy Tenderhearted (cards shared below and here) when I recently ordered some rubber and acrylic stamps from the US. There are several more on my wishlist, and I'm so excited they are available in digi direct from the designer! Check out the store here to see everything that Christy has made available (and be prepared to fall in love!!!). And if your hubby asks, it wasn't ME that sent you *wink*. (Enabler Alert!!!)



This image has been stamped on vellum using Stazon Jet Black ink, and then coloured from the back using chalks from Pebbles Inc. the ones I used today makes the image all shimmery and gorgeous!! It gives this image a very soft fairy like quality. A more vibrant result can be achieved by using inks or watercolours with the same technique. If using chalks, I do recommend "smooshing" your image when you are done, especially if you are colouring on the front of your image or straight onto cardstock.  To smoosh your colouring, simply place the image chalk side down on some scrap paper and rub firmly using the side of your fist. This will help push the chalk into the fibres of the card, and shouldn't rub off onto your fingers or the inside of the envelope.

So in summary:

Card recipe:
Cardstock/paper: whisper white, purple offcut, mulberry paper, vellum
Image: Fairy Tenderhearted (Tiddly Inks)
Ink: Stazon Jet Black
Colouring medium: chalks (Pebbles Inc)
Other: ribbon, button

PS!!! Tiddly Inks is having a DT call - ending midnight CST 12 August (I know, I know, I'm cutting it fine!) and if you do ANYTHING today you MUST go and check out all the fabulous talent in the applicant pool!!! The applications are AMAZING!!!! Go! now! (You're welcome!)

Oh! I nearly forgot. Here's another quick card I whipped up today, this time using distress Inks!




Thanks for visiting!!!

oxo OMM 


1 comment: