Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A little crocheting, and a gift card (featuring Autumn Moon Designs)

Wednesday!!! YES! It's mid week and winding down into another glorious weekend.  I have SO MUCH to do and not enough hours in the day.  Do you feel like that?

Today I have a quick share that my Facebook followers have already seen earlier in the week.  I've had this Raff digi from Autumn Moon Designs printed ready to colour for a few weeks now, and when I flicked through a crochet magazine at the newsagent the other day and saw this cute Giraffe beanie I just KNEW what I had to do!!!

 

The pattern did call for 8 ply, but I think next time I would adjust the pattern to use 4 ply and a smaller hook and just do more rows.  But I think he is super cute anyway and very snuggly!!! And well.  What can I say about the digi, I just love it.  I had intended to originally use the image on a layout featuring the giraffes at Taronga Zoo, and I might still do that, but I love it on a small gift card as well!!!

Giraffe beanie hat recipe:
- 8 ply wool in yellow, caramel and dark brown
- googly eyes
- wool needle
- pattern from Quick and Easy Crochet - summer 2014

Gift card recipe:
Cardstock/paper:  offcuts of blending card, yellow bazzill and Soft Suede (SU!)
Stamps: Raff digi (Autumn Moon Designs) and Bitty Banners (SU!)
Colouring medium: copics
Ink: Sweet baby stamped with Chocolate Chip ink (SU!)
Die: Bitty Banners (SU!)

Challenges:
Fan-Tastic Tuesday: #50 ATG
Sister Act Card Challenges: #71 ATG
4 Krafty Girlz Challenges: #25 ATG
Crafters Cafe: #77 Square cards only
Tuesday Throwdown: #210 ATG
The Cheerful Stamp Pad: #93 A new baby

Thanks for visiting :) And thank you to everyone who leaves some love in the comments - I don't always get a chance to reply but I do love to read each one as they come through :) 

xox OMM

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! How adorable!! LOVE that darling hat with the matching card!! Perfect and so cute! ;) Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown Hugs - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that? What fun!!

    Thank you for replying, and for visiting my blog, Lauren! We've been out all day and I'm really tired and may not be up to sorting my ARTHaven tomorrow, but hopefully the next day I'll actually be able to get at my work area and do something! I hate having mess everywhere!! Life does seem to have got in the way of my creativity lately... I shall look out for your answers and nominees on the Creative Blog Hop next week. Great fun!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both items are adorable. Thanks so much for sharing with the Design Team at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both beautiful giraffes love the card and great beanie hat with the wobbly eyes-thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 93 and Fan-tastic Tuesday, Hazel, DTs - hope to see you again soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this - thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Girls Challenge, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete