Monday, May 19, 2014

Layout - baby UR 2 cute

Hello again! Here's the second layout I finished yesterday, after having to think about it overnight. 


I really admire this minimal style, but all that white space in my own work just terrifies me - is it balanced? does it need more? is it too much white? should I add more layers? But overnight I decided that this was just enough, and highlights my cheeky little man really well.  There is more journalling on the back of the layout so I didn't clutter up more of the white space once I'd decided it was finished.

Layout recipe:
Cardstock/paper, thickers: Ready Set Go! (Amy Tangerine)
Other: rub ons (Paper Inklings?), Basic Black marker (SU!), spotty brads (Kaszazz)

Challenge:
The layout is based on the Stuck?! May 1st sketch:

 

Thanks for visiting!




6 comments:

  1. Love your use of rubons on this one! It's a great way to create layers without bulk. Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fantastic page, love your use of rubons and the phrase on this page! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great boy layout! You were right to not add more... it is perfect! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant job with the sketch, love the layout and the rubons and yes its balanced my eye goes straight to the photo first.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic page! love the rub ons! Thank you so much for joining us at Stuck?! http://joefilcate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout is perfect and looks balanced. Love your title work and great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete