Thursday, December 3, 2015

{Southern Girls DT} Layout - the joker

Hello crafters!

Can you honestly believe it is December already? Only 5 days of school left for The Boy, and 11 days of work for me before holidays! Where did the year go?  

I have been reflecting quite heavily on life these past few months.  Not only my professional life, but also my crafting and personal lives as well.  With respect to my crafting endeavours, I will be taking a bit of a break from blogging in the new year to work on some projects, learn some new skills and refine what creativity means to me.  I am not sure if it's just the time of year, or that I've had such a big year with The Boy's big operation in May, or putting on a huge festival in October, but I am seriously worn out in the motivation and mojo departments.  If you know of any neat inspirational blogs, or some great YouTube how-to clips, please let me know!

Anyway - enough of that... This fortnight we have a great challenge for you over at Southern Girls - 'do whatever takes your fancy' - so show us your favourite technique or product, or just whatever you feel like!  For me, I knew I wanted to do a layout, and this picture of The Boy enjoying a hot chocolate has been on my must-scrap pile for awhile.  As soon as I saw the picture (taken by The Man) I couldn't stop laughing at his Joker makeup... and so I have been holding on to the photo until I could find the right title.  I ended up using my new baby - my Silhouette Cameo - to make the title, and I used an emerging favourite - gelatos - to make the messy circles, reflecting the messy chocolate smile.

 

Layout recipe 
Cardstock/paper: Pink Paislee 'Atlas', red bazill
Ink: Not Quite Navy (Stampin' Up!)
Dies: Circles (Stampin' Up!)
Other: mini badge (Merci), Gelatos, Distress Stickles - Brushed Pewter (Tim Holtz), water brush, sponge, glossy accents

Thanks for visiting my blog, and I hope to see you again soon!

Love,
OMM xox

1 comment:

  1. What a fun layout Lauren! He does look like the joker with that hot chocolate smile. Love the gorgeous papers and your fab layout. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete