Thursday, December 3, 2015

{Southern Girls DT} Layout - the joker

Hello crafters!

Can you honestly believe it is December already? Only 5 days of school left for The Boy, and 11 days of work for me before holidays! Where did the year go?  

I will be taking a bit of a break from blogging in the new year to work on some projects.  I am not sure if it's just the time of year, or that I've had such a big year with The Boy's big operation in May, or putting on a huge festival in October, but I am seriously worn out in the motivation and mojo departments.  If you know of any neat inspirational blogs, or some great YouTube how-to clips, please let me know!

Anyway - This fortnight we have a great challenge for you over at Southern Girls - 'do whatever takes your fancy' - so show us your favourite technique or product, or just whatever you feel like!  For me, I knew I wanted to do a layout, and this picture of The Boy enjoying a hot chocolate has been on my must-scrap pile for awhile.  As soon as I saw the picture (taken by The Man) I couldn't stop laughing at his Joker makeup... and so I have been holding on to the photo until I could find the right title.  I ended up using my new baby - my Silhouette Cameo - to make the title, and I used an emerging favourite - gelatos - to make the messy circles, reflecting the messy chocolate smile.

 

Layout recipe 
Cardstock/paper: Pink Paislee 'Atlas', red bazill
Ink: Not Quite Navy (Stampin' Up!)
Dies: Circles (Stampin' Up!)
Other: mini badge (Merci), Gelatos, Distress Stickles - Brushed Pewter (Tim Holtz), water brush, sponge, glossy accents

Thanks for visiting my blog, and I hope to see you again soon!

Love,
OMM xox

1 comment:

  1. What a fun layout Lauren! He does look like the joker with that hot chocolate smile. Love the gorgeous papers and your fab layout. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete