Wednesday, September 9, 2015

{Southern Girls DT} Hello carousel hanger

Hello crafters!

Well it has been a busy month for me.  The Atherton BikeFest is really starting to come together and so I haven't had much time (or energy) for crafting :(  but on the upside the weekend should be lots of of fun!

Today is reveal day over at Southern Girls Challenges, and this fortnight we want to see your LAYERS!

The first thing I think of when I hear 'layers' in relation to any project is of course paper piecing.  Have you got the patience for cutting out the tiny sections and sticking them together? I am the QUEEN of fiddly work (just ask my stamping friends) and I don't mind sitting in front of the tv cutting out the sections.  Funnily enough though I'm not into paper tole at all! Go figure!  Then I looked at the Doodle Pantry store and gosh, I just love the carousel collection - I already have a couple from a challenge win a year or two ago, and so I added this beauty to my collection.  Eventually I want to use them to make a 3D carousel!


Project recipe:
Stamps: Carousel Horse #3 (Doodle Pantry)
Cardstock: various scraps in brown, pink, dark pink, grey, clear transparency
Other: rhinestones, alphas, Ice stickles 

Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps: #161 ATG 

Thanks for visiting my blog today - I hope you will join us with our layers challenge!!

OMM
xox


4 comments:

  1. You nailed it Lauren! That is a gorgeous carousel horse creation. Love the sparkles and bling. Perfect hun in every way. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely project! Love it!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic Lauren, I love the layers on the horse and the circle worked out wonderfully. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your latest SGC card Lauren. That Santa's too cute. Fab design with the snowy window. Gorgeous hun. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete